Minutes of the first group chat: (Aug 2,2008 in the hub):
Participating were Joebreslin, pancakebunny, stukaman and , briefly, formngr
1) Stukaman pasted an excerpt from an e-mail from Wonsaponatime, who suggested the DVD not be a straightforward documentary featuring shots of streets in Oxford. He suggested something bold and innovative. All agreed this was a good idea.
2) It was agreed that narration would be annoying…that we should let the band speak for themselves.
3) Stukaman said he would e-mail Wonsaponatime to ask for his transcripts of audio interviews in his collection.
4) It was agreed that , to get the ball rolling, Stukaman would e-mail everyone involved in the project and ask them to come up with the broad topics they want covered in the DVD (e.g. the curse of the success of Creep, Thom getting help circa 1998 from Michael Stipe) Once a list is compiled, all involved will start fishing through videos for appropriate clips to include. If there are no videos that fit, we might use audio interviews combined with concert footage.
5) Pancakebunny has set up a forum in the radiohub wiki page for the DVD project. Threads will be established as the project proceeds so people can share ideas.
6) Pancakebunny and Stukaman discussed timing for the next group chat, tentatively set for 8 a.m. Pacific on Saturday, Aug 16th